Grants and contribution information management system
The Grants and Contribution Information Management System (GCIMS) is a web-enabled transfer payment management system that automates the Department's transfer payment business processes, manages funding agreement information, and provides on-line access for First Nations and other funding recipients. From 2007 to 2013, GCIMS was named the First Nations and Inuit Transfer Payments System (FNITP). While the GCIMS system supports a number of business processes, its primary function is to effectively manage transfer payments to recipients of departmental grants and contributions.
The system offers a number of benefits by providing:
- improved accountability through the use of robust financial and non-financial reporting capabilities;
- better management of funding arrangement information and;
- the employment of prudent cash management practices in accordance with Treasury Board requirements for Transfer Payments and the Department's internal accountability performance reporting and evaluation.
The functionality of GCIMS includes:
- Submission and review of Applications and Proposals.
- Creation and management of funding agreements, amendments and adjustments.
- Financial transaction management and reporting.
- Submission, review, and approval of recipient reporting requirements.
Recipients system access that provides:
- Tracking of reports submitted with immediate feedback for any issues which might trigger funding halts so they can be managed in a timely manner.
- Electronic access to reports which provide information for the statistical analysis of program information.
- Electronic access to cash flow and payment information.
- Electronic access to funding agreement information such as terms and conditions.
- The ability to access the status of amendments or budget adjustments within the funding agreement.
For more information, please contact the Financial system center of expertise: email@example.com
Thank you for your feedback