Indigenous business and federal procurement
The Procurement Strategy for Indigenous Business (PSIB) is the Government of Canada's policy to support Indigenous businesses with procurement opportunities.
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) advocates for Indigenous businesses so they can:
- compete for federal government contracts
- work on major Crown projects
- have access to tools to increase their visibility to federal procurement officers
- explore partnerships and joint-ventures
- enter new supply chains including links to corporate Canada
ISC supports other federal organizations' Indigenous procurement objectives by:
- demonstrating with market research Indigenous business's capacity to provide goods or services
- providing advice and guidance on incorporating Indigenous participation into procurement processes
- educating procurement officers on the benefits and obligations of Indigenous procurement
- maintaining a network of federal procurement specialists who act as Indigenous procurement coordinators
Inuit business and federal procurement
Learn about the directive created to address the under-representation of Inuit business participation in federal procurement processes and support the creation and growth of Inuit businesses.
Indigenous business procurement information for federal procurement officers
Why, when, and how to include economic opportunities for Indigenous businesses in your procurement processes.
Procurement information for Indigenous business owners
How federal procurement works and how you can participate as an Indigenous business owner.
Indigenous business directory
Available to all levels of government and the private sector, this directory helps Indigenous businesses pursue business opportunities.
Policy and audit information
Audits to ensure that Indigenous businesses met the ownership, control, Indigenous employment and Indigenous content criteria.
Policies, reports and interpretation bulletins
Bulletins, contracting policies, and reports related to the Procurement Strategy for Aboriginal Business.
Procurement Strategy for Aboriginal Business Booklet
Informational booklet about Procurement Strategy for Aboriginal Business.
Guidelines for buyers and government officials
Policies, definitions and procedures about tendering, bidding and dispute mechanism.
How to register and self-identify in the directory, attract international customers, and a guide for Indigenous women starting a new business.