Indigenous business and federal procurement
The Procurement Strategy for Indigenous Business (PSIB) is the Government of Canada's policy to support Indigenous businesses with procurement opportunities.
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) advocates for Indigenous businesses so they can:
- compete for federal government contracts
- work on major Crown projects
- have access to tools to increase their visibility to federal procurement officers
- explore partnerships and joint-ventures
- enter new supply chains including links to corporate Canada
ISC supports other federal organizations' Indigenous procurement objectives by:
- demonstrating with market research Indigenous business's capacity to provide goods or services
- providing advice and guidance on incorporating Indigenous participation into procurement processes
- educating procurement officers on the benefits and obligations of Indigenous procurement
- maintaining a network of federal procurement specialists who act as Indigenous procurement coordinators
Learn about the directive created to address the under-representation of Inuit business participation in federal procurement processes and support the creation and growth of Inuit businesses.
Why, when, and how to include economic opportunities for Indigenous businesses in your procurement processes.
How federal procurement works and how you can participate as an Indigenous business owner.
Available to all levels of government and the private sector, this directory helps Indigenous businesses pursue business opportunities.
The requirement for federal departments and agencies ensures a minimum 5% of the total value of contracts are held by Indigenous businesses.
How we are engaging with Indigenous partners on the co-development of a Transformative Indigenous Procurement Strategy.
Policy and audit information
Audits to ensure that Indigenous businesses met the ownership, control, Indigenous employment and Indigenous content criteria.
Bulletins, contracting policies, and reports related to the Procurement Strategy for Aboriginal Business.
Informational booklet about Procurement Strategy for Aboriginal Business.
Policies, definitions and procedures about tendering, bidding and dispute mechanism.
How to register and self-identify in the directory, attract international customers, and a guide for Indigenous women starting a new business.
Thank you for your feedback