National Funding Agreement Models
According to the Treasury Board Secretariat Directive on Transfer Payments, a funding agreement is a written agreement or documentation constituting an agreement between the Government of Canada and an applicant or a recipient setting out the obligations or understandings of both with respect to one or more transfer payments. It describes the requirements needed to maintain the accountability relationship between Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) and the funding recipient. ISC has published the 2019-2020 national funding agreement models below.
A new fiscal relationship
The Government of Canada is committed to working with First Nations to establish a new fiscal relationship that moves towards sufficient, predictable and sustained funding for First Nation communities.
As part of this process, the Government of Canada has streamlined 2019-2020 ISC models to create a new Comprehensive Funding Agreement (CFA) model.
The CFA replaces the following models:
- First Nations and Tribal Councils National Funding Agreement Model
- Canada Common Funding Agreement for First Nations and Tribal Councils
- Plain/Simplified Funding Agreement Model for Project Funding
- Streamlined Funding Agreement Model for First Nations
In addition to this, the Funding Agreement Model: Other and Project Based has been updated so that it is in line with the CFA.
Some minor adjustments to the Provincial/Territorial Funding Agreement Model for 2019-2020 have been made to bring it in line with other models.
Note that CFA model will also be used for all 10-Year Grant agreements.
For agreements expiring March 31, 2019, First Nations may extend their expiring agreements for one additional year in order to become more familiar with the CFA model.
ISC National Funding Agreement Models 2019-2020
ISC National Funding Agreement Models 2018-2019
- Provincial/Territorial Funding Agreement Model 2018-2019
- First Nations and Tribal Councils National Funding Agreement Model 2018-2019
- Streamlined Funding Agreement Model for First Nations 2018-2019
- Plain/Simplified Funding Agreement Model for Project Funding 2018-2019
- Funding Agreement Model: Other 2018-2019
- Canada Common Funding Agreement for First Nations and Tribal Councils 2018-2019
ISC First Nations and Inuit Health Funding Agreement Models 2018-2019
- First Nations and Inuit Health Funding Consolidated Contribution Agreement
- First Nations and Inuit Health Funding Contribution Agreement: Project Based Funding Arrangement
- First Nations and Inuit Health Funding Program Plan Schedule
If you have any questions regarding departmental funding agreements, please contact the ISC/CIRNAC regional office nearest you or the ISC/CIRNAC Public Enquiries Contact Centre at 1-800-567-9604.