Emergency Management Non-Structural Mitigation and Preparedness program call for applications: 2020-2021
This program supports the building of First Nations' capacity, knowledge and skills so First Nations communities are better prepared for and able to mitigate against disasters.
A call for proposals for applications for 2020-2021 under this program is now open. The deadline to submit a proposal is November 1, 2019 at 11:59 pm Eastern time. Applications received after the deadline may be assessed and accepted based on the availability of the funding.
About the program
This call for applications prioritizes the support of local efforts in non-structural mitigation and emergency preparedness through small-scale projects. This includes emergency preparedness and mitigation against natural disasters like:
- severe weather
Through the Emergency Management Assistance Program, project funding is available for initiatives, such as:
- all-hazard risk assessments
- development and updating of emergency management plans
- exercising emergency management plans
- emergency management training/courses
- flood mapping*
- landslide studies*
- research or studies pertaining to disaster risk*
- early tsunami warning systems
- public awareness
- funding to host an emergency management forum or workshop for regional First Nations communities
*Funding for risk assessments is also available through the First Nations Adapt Program. Consult your ISC regional office emergency management contact for guidance on which program best suits your needs.
To be eligible for funding, the proposed project must directly support First Nations located on:
- a reserve, as defined in s.2(1) of the Indian Act, R.S.C (Revised Statues of Canada 1985, c. (chapter) 1-5
- lands set aside in Yukon as per Cabinet Directive (Circular No. 27) entitled Procedure for Reserving Land in the Yukon and Northwest Territories (1955)
- lands formerly defined as a reserve of lands set aside which now form part of modern treaty settlement lands
Who can apply?
- First Nations communities
- Tribal councils
- Indigenous organizations
The deadline to apply is November 1, 2019 by 11:59 pm Eastern time.
Applications received after the deadline are assessed and accepted based on availability of funding.
How to apply?
- Complete the Emergency Management Non-Structural Mitigation and Preparedness Program project funding application:
- Submit the form to your ISC regional office emergency management contact.
When submitting an application, please follow the Emergency Management Non-Structural Mitigation and preparedness funding guidelines: 2020-2021