Indigenous Community Infrastructure Fund, Urban Component
The urban component of this fund is designed to support and invest in the immediate infrastructure needs of Indigenous communities for ongoing, new and shovel-ready projects.
Call for proposals closed
The call for proposals for 2023 to 2024 and 2024 to 2025 Indigenous Community Infrastructure Fund, Urban Component funding is now closed. The deadline to submit a proposal was December 30, 2022 at 11:59 pm, Eastern time.
On this page
About the fund
The Government of Canada recognizes its role in closing social and economic inequities between Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities. It is committed to addressing critical infrastructure gaps by 2030.
Budget 2021 announced the Government of Canada is investing $194.9 million over 3 years, 2022 to 2025, to support urban and rural Indigenous service delivery organizations. The urban component of the Indigenous Community Infrastructure Fund provides capital infrastructure support specifically targeted to improving the physical capacity, safety, security and accessibility of facilities for urban Indigenous peoples.
Who can apply
Urban and rural not-for-profit Indigenous service delivery organizations
Applicants who may be eligible to receive funding through the urban component of the Indigenous Community Infrastructure Fund are:
- urban and rural not-for-profit Indigenous service delivery organizations who own their own facility or are renting or leasing a building with confirmation that the length of the lease from project start date is a minimum of 5 years
Facilities must be located off reserve.
- identify all other sources of confirmed funding
- identify their respective partners and support from other organizations, levels of government and the community
- provide a project description, including the objectives and expected results that will improve the physical capacity, safety, security and accessibility of their facility
- identify who will benefit from the project outcomes and what those benefits will be
- provide a detailed project budget and timeline that identifies all project costs and funding being requested
- if applicable, demonstrate that a building purchase, expansion or building replacement is the most cost efficient option
- identify when the project will be shovel ready to begin infrastructure work
The deadline to submit a proposal was December 30, 2022 at 11:59 pm Eastern time.
How to apply
All proposals must be submitted to email@example.com using the official 2022 to 2023 data collection instrument (DCI - PAW# 9744235).
To find the DCI, instructions and PDF forms visit ISC Proposals, applications, work plans.
Note that for the urban component of the Indigenous Community Infrastructure Fund, the DCI - PAW# 9744235 requirement to have at least 25% of total project cost funded from other sources is not applicable to this application.
For more details on the eligible recipients, projects and expenditures, please refer to the existing terms and conditions.
To learn more, contact your regional office or email us at:
Thank you for your feedback