Are you applying for a status card?
Find out how to apply for a status card and about processing time.
To improve the process of applying for a secure status card:
- you can now take your own photo and submit it straight from your smartphone using the SCIS Photo App
- only 1 piece of acceptable valid identification needs to be provided, instead of 2
- a birth certificate is no longer required
- the guarantor list has been substantially expanded
- a statutory declaration or police report is no longer required to replace a lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed status card
Services and information
Find out how to apply for a Secure Certificate of Indian Status (secure status card) or a Certificate of Indian Status (status card).
Find out what documents are required when applying for a secure status card.
Find out how to submit acceptable photos when applying for a secure status card.
Find out how to renew your status card. Secure status cards are valid 10 years for adults and 5 years for children and dependent adults.
Find out what steps you need to take if your status card has been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
Indian status does not expire but your card does. Find out if your status card is still valid.