Change the information on your secure status card

You can change the personal information on your secure status card at any time.

Fill out the Secure Certificate of Indian Status application form and check "Changes to personal information" under "Reason for application" or include the changes to your personal information when first applying for a secure status card or when renewing your secure status card.

To change the name on your secure status card, you need to submit:

To change the gender designation on your secure status card, select:

The gender designation selected on the form doesn't have to match the gender designation on the documents you submit with the application.

To change the First Nation you're affiliated to on your secure status card, contact any regional office.

You can make more than one change to your personal information at the same time.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Don't include personal information (telephone, email, SIN, financial, medical, or work details).
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Date modified: