Hope for Wellness Helpline
The Hope for Wellness Helpline offers immediate help to all Indigenous people across Canada.
It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to offer immediate support and crisis intervention.
Call the toll-free Helpline at 1-855-242-3310 or connect to the online chat at www.hopeforwellness.ca.
When you access the Hope for Wellness Helpline online service you will leave the Government of Canada website and access anonymous chat support services on a website hosted by the same Indigenous service provider that operates the Hope for Wellness Helpline.
Experienced and culturally competent counsellors are available to help anytime that you want to talk about:
- experiences, challenges, and issues – big or small
- feeling distressed
If asked, counsellors can work with you to find other wellness supports that are accessible near you.
Telephone and online chat services are available in English and French. Telephone support is also available upon request in:
- Ojibway (Anishinaabemowin)
Supports in Cree, Ojibway, and Inuktitut are not available 24/7, so you may need to call in to find out the next time that a language-speaker will be available.
Hope for Wellness counsellors have diverse educational and professional backgrounds, knowledge on a variety of topics, and demonstrated cultural competence.
When you call the Hope for Wellness Helpline you will speak with a knowledgeable professional who will listen, discuss support and resources, with:
- cultural awareness
- trauma-informed approaches
- Hope for Wellness Helpline awareness resources
- Preventing suicide: Warning signs and how to help
- Violence and abuse
- Mental health services for veterans
- Mental Health Services Available for RCMP Employees
- Mental health and wellness in First Nations and Inuit
- Mental health services for Canadian Armed Forces members and families
Thank you for your feedback