Hope for Wellness Help Line
The Hope for Wellness Help Line offers immediate help to all Indigenous peoples across Canada.
It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to offer immediate support and crisis intervention.
Call the toll-free Help Line at 1-855-242-3310 or connect to the online chat at www.hopeforwellness.ca.
When you access the Hope for Wellness Help Line online service you will leave the Government of Canada website and access anonymous chat support services on a website hosted by the same Indigenous service provider that operates the Hope for Wellness Help Line.
Experienced and culturally competent Help Line counsellors can help if you:
- want to talk
- are distressed
- have strong emotional reactions
- may be triggered by painful memories
If asked, counsellors can work with you to find other wellness supports that are accessible near you.
Telephone and online chat support is available in English and French. On request, telephone support is also available in:
- Hope for Wellness Help Line awareness resources
- Preventing suicide: Warning signs and how to help
- Violence and abuse
- Mental health services for veterans
- Mental Health Services Available for RCMP Employees
- Mental health and wellness in First Nations and Inuit
- Mental health services for Canadian Armed Forces members and families