National First Nations Water Leadership Award
Nominations for the 2021 National First Nations Water Leadership Award are closed. The deadline to submit was February 5, 2021.
On this page
About the award
There are people who, by their everyday actions, are able to guide, influence and inspire. We call them leaders.
In March 2018, Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) created the annual National First Nations Water Leadership Award to recognize First Nations individuals or organizations that have demonstrated leadership and outstanding dedication to the advancement of clean and safe drinking water in First Nations communities, today and for future generations.
Who is eligible?
Eligible candidates are:
- First Nations individuals, community members or leaders
- First Nations organizations
- First Nations communities
that have demonstrated leadership and made outstanding contributions to the advancement of clean and safe drinking water in First Nations communities by, for example:
- creating, promoting or advancing Indigenous community-based outreach or programs in support of clean and safe drinking water
- making concerted efforts and providing leadership during community drinking water emergencies or water infrastructure challenges (such as ending long-term drinking water advisories)
- developing and advancing innovative practices in relation to drinking water
- showing dedication, work, and achievements which support clean and safe drinking water, including water system operation, relationship-building, planning and prevention
- showing extraordinary involvement in First Nations water-related issues
How to submit a nomination
An advisory committee formed of First Nations partners and ISC representatives will review nominations and provide recommendations to the Minister of Indigenous Services.
Send your completed nominations to ISC by:
- e-mail to: email@example.com
In the nomination, please provide:
- the full name and contact information of the individual, organization or community being nominated
- If the nominee is an individual, please mention which First Nation they are affiliated with
- your contact information
- your relationship to the nominee
- a description of how your nominee meets the eligibility criteria (500 words maximum)
- the name and contact information of a reference other than yourself who would support the nomination
- Please indicate the relationship of the reference to the nominee
- The Advisory Committee may contact you or the reference for further details
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for nominations for the 2021 National First Nations Water Leadership was February 5, 2021.