Trusted sources for registration and status card applications
Find out about trusted sources and how they can help complete applications for registration under the Indian Act and status cards.
On this page
What is a trusted source
A trusted source is a designated Indian Registration Administrator, organization or provincial, territorial or federal department that can help you complete an application for registration and a status card.
How a trusted source can help
If you would like to apply for registration or a status card, a trusted source can help you complete an application.
If you have valid acceptable identification and submit your application through a trusted source, you don't need a guarantor.
Designated trusted source organizations
Our partners in First Nations offices, known as Indian Registration Administrator, can help you apply for registration and a status card.
These organizations also can help you apply for registration and a status card:
- Calgary: Metis Calgary Family Services
- Vancouver: Lu’ma Group of Companies
- Thompson: Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak Inc.
- Winnipeg: Eagle Urban Transition Centre
- Winnipeg: Southern Chiefs’ Organization Inc.
- Winnipeg: Wabaseemoong Jordan's Principle
Newfoundland and Labrador
- St. John’s: First Light
- Hamilton: Ontario Native Women’s Association
- Ottawa: Ontario Native Women’s Association
- Sioux Lookout: Ontario Native Women’s Association
- Thunder Bay: Ontario Native Women’s Association
- Timmins: Ontario Native Women’s Association
- Montreal: The Native Women's Shelter of Montreal
These organizations can help you apply for a secure status card:
Nationwide throughout federal institutions
- Edmonton: Boyle Street Community Services
- Victoria: Community Social Planning Council
- Dauphin: West Region Treaty 2 & 4 Health Services
- The Pas: Swampy Cree Tribal Council
- Winnipeg: Anisininew Okimawin Island Lake Tribal Council
Prince Edward Island
- Charlottetown: Mik’maq Confederacy of PEI
- North Battleford: Battlefords Agency Tribal Chiefs
- Saskatoon: Saskatoon Tribal Council
- Yorkton: Yorkton Tribal Council
To find out how a trusted source can help you, contact the organization directly.
Become a trusted source
If you'd like to become a trusted source and want to find out how, email email@example.com.
Who can apply
Funding is available to organizations interested in supporting persons applying for registration and a status card. To find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
All applications for funding require a completed proposal. Proposals need to include:
- a clear summary of the project
- a description of objectives and activities
- a budget proposal
- a description of expected results
We will review the proposals received to determine funding eligibility.
Questions and completed proposals can be submitted to email@example.com.
Applications for funding to become a trusted source may be submitted anytime.
Where else to get help
Regional offices and some First Nations offices can also help you complete an application for registration and a secure status card.
Thank you for your feedback